Friday, January 27, 2012

My First 5K

Tomorrow I will be running my first ever 5K race. Running is something that I have been doing off and on for a while, but I have committed to training to run a Half Marathon in honor of my father who is fighting cancer.

Tomorrow, 28 January, 2012, I appropriately will be running my first 5K in Birmingham, AL at the Relay for Life kickoff in Homewood.

As I have just recently started training again after a couple of years off, I am not looking to do anything astounding tomorrow except finish the race. Based on my training runs, I should come in at around 34 minutes. Not too wonderful, but average. Eventually I would like to get my 5K time sub-30, but that’s something to work toward!

I will post tomorrow more info about the run and my experience at my first race ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment